NowWeMOVE and World Heart Day partner again to promote heart-healthy environments
Last year, the NowWeMOVE campaign and the World Heart Federation partnered to celebrate the start of our hallmark events, MOVE Week and World Heart Day, on the same day – 29 September. Our cross-promotion helped contribute to massive increases in participation: double the number for MOVE Week and 35% more for World Heart Day.
This year the timing of our events may differ but our cross-sector collaboration will remain the same. With recent research from ISCA/Cebr showing that 33,400 cardio-vascular disease related deaths in Europe could be avoided by increasing individuals’ physical activity levels by 20%, the evidence is clear that the promotion of physical activity and heart health go hand-in-hand.
What’s more, the World Heart Federation notes that “Too many people are ‘trapped’ in environments that predispose them to CVD.” That’s why the NowWeMOVE campaign and World Heart Day are raising awareness of ways to turn our daily environments in to active spaces
Create your own active spaces with NowWeMOVE and MOVE Week
- Check out our MOVEment Pills exercises for the home, office, park benches and stairs
- Gather your co-workers and organise an “office moves” event for MOVE Week
- Get inspiration for other MOVE Week events in daily environments by reading our “Practical Inspirations for MOVE Agents” toolkit
- Register your MOVE Week event at www.moveweek.eu
- Contact your MOVE Week National Coordinator if you need more advice
Promote your heart-healthy environments on social media for MOVE Week and World Heart Day
- Follow the World Heart Day and NowWeMOVE on Twitter
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NowWeMove and www.facebook.com/worldheartday
- Take a Healthy Heart Selfie during MOVE Week and share it with the world at: www.twitter.com/worldheartfed with the hashtag #heartchoices. World Heart Day will share all posted Selfies on its website.
- You can also share photos and videos of your MOVE Week events by using the hashtags #moveweek #nowwemove and #beactive
The World Heart Day takes place every year on 29 September.
MOVE Week 2015 is happening across Europe between 7-30 September, coinciding with the first edition of the European Week of Sport. Each country can choose a week during this period to hold MOVE Week. Contact your National Coordinator to find out the MOVE Week dates for your country.
MOVE Week will also happen in Latin America, from 19-27 September in Brazil and 20-27 September in other countries including Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Uruguay.