ISCA calls for European Solidarity Corps volunteers for 2022 Applications open!
ISCA is looking for volunteers to join the team in the Copenhagen office in 2022 for a period of 12 months (earliest starting date January 2022).
You want to live abroad, work in an international environment, and gain experience in the field of international physical activity promotion and youth work? If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you! We are looking for self-motivated, passionate and energetic young people to join our team in Copenhagen.
Experience something new and exciting, while also broadening your horizons and developing your skills. Becoming a European Solidarity Corps Volunteer with the International Sport and Culture Association (ISCA) in Denmark is not just an opportunity for new experiences, you will be warmly welcomed to a family of sorts – which is full of ISCA spirit!
As indicated in the ESC Programme Guide, volunteers should be between 17 and 30 years old, and reside in the EU, Erasmus+ Programme countries and Partner countries neighbouring the EU (see the ESC programme guide for more details or contact us when in doubt).
Conditions for the ESC volunteers
The ESC volunteering will be carried out according to the ESC Framework and conditions. More specifically, ISCA will cover the travel costs to Denmark from the volunteer’s residence country and back and provide accommodation in a private room in an apartment in Copenhagen (that will be shared with other ESC volunteers). To fully embrace the Danish transport culture, a bike will be provided to all volunteers. ISCA will also provide a local SIM-card and a laptop for work-related tasks and lunch in the office canteen (or lunch reimbursement when the office is closed). In addition, the volunteer will receive a monthly allowance of 300 EUR.
Engagement of European Volunteers
All volunteers will have the opportunity to be engaged in a number of ISCA’s international projects, campaigns and events. ISCA is coordinating various capacity building activities for organisations that promote sport and physical activity at both regional and international levels. ISCA also engages many member organisations and other partners in diverse projects that are related to key issues and topics in the sports sector today. There are three broad fields that you can be a part of:
1. The pan-European NowWeMOVE campaign organised by ISCA and its partners. Your main task will be to support and implement project activities in connection with member organisations all over Europe. You can find a few examples of our initiatives below:
2. ISCA is also the National Coordinating Body for the European Week of Sport in Denmark, which takes place from 23-30 September each year, so you can expect some engagement with the #BeActive Campaign.
3. Additionally, you will be part of the ISCA team coordinating projects and activities in externally funded projects in cooperation with member organisations and other partners, both on the national and international level. Many of the projects fall under topics that have pressing priority in today’s world, such as; exercise and health, physical activity and education, health-enhancing physical activity, sport and exercise for disadvantaged groups, urban sports facilities, inclusion of refugees through sport, youth training and active ageing.
Find out more about some of these recent ISCA projects and initiatives below:
and many other existing or upcoming projects that ISCA is either leading or partnering with.
Our latest projects and activities are described in our 2020 Annual Report – a highly recommended read to understand ISCA’s mission and activities. If you’re interested, you can also check out ISCA’s Strategy 2018-2021.
Depending on your profile, skill set and interests you will be able to get involved and challenge yourself in various tasks such as:
● Physical activity and healthy lifestyle promotion;
● Marketing and communications;
● Content creation, article writing and editing;
● Videography and photography;
● Analysis, monitoring and reporting;
● Fundraising, EU Sport Policy and advocacy;
● Project management;
● Membership and community management;
● E-learning platforms;
● Event coordination (online and offline);
● Financial management.
All applicants should be highly motivated, proactive, and dynamic young people. For this call, we are looking for the following profiles (i.e. knowledge and experience, or interest in the following fields will be prioritised, but we are open for all kind of profiles):
- communications, content creation;
- project management, event coordination;
- membership, community management;
- financial project management and accounting.
Please note that we are looking for volunteers to start at ISCA earliest in January 2022 for a period of 12 months, and your application may be considered for positions later during the year. Please indicate your interest if you’d like to be considered for a specific profile(s) and when you would like to start your 12-month project.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter (max 2 pages) outlining your interest in the position (indicating your motivation and key competences) latest by 23 November 2021, 23:59 CEST to Liina Sepp ([email protected]) with the subject line “Your Name- ESC 2021-2022.”
In addition to the CV and Cover letter, the applicants need to register on the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) platform and indicate their “Participant reference number” in the body of the e-mail when applying. You can read more about the ESC initiative here.
*Important: applications submitted without a CV or cover letter will not be considered due to the volume of applications we typically receive for this call.
We will inform all candidates about the outcome of the first phase of the selection process no later than 10 December 2021 and let them know at that time if they are invited for an interview. In case you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Liina Sepp either by email ([email protected]) or by phone at: + 45 51 18 73 89.
Seize this amazing opportunity to become a Viking volunteer with ISCA in Denmark!