Good governance - A code for the voluntary and Community sector
This is a very pragmatic and useful document. It is interesting because the whole guide and the principles mentioned are designed for the entire voluntary and community sector in Great Britain. There are six general principles focusing on board members.
An effective board will provide good governance and leadership by:
- Understanding their role.
- Ensuring delivery of organizational purpose.
- Working effectively both as individuals and a team.
- Exercising effective control.
- Behaving with integrity.
- Being open and accountable.