We kept moving in 2020: ISCA Annual Report out now
In 2020 ISCA celebrated 25 years of Moving People – but, as we all know, this was no ordinary year of organising physical activity events and active workshops for physical activity promoters. As local and nation-wide Covid-19 lockdowns pressed the pause button on in-person meetings, conferences and many (indoor) types of sport and physical activity, we made some quick adjustments and kept moving online.
Browse our latest annual report to see how we stayed active together with our members and partners in the digital space – and in-person when local regulations allowed.
Along with an overview of all of our projects, campaigns and advocacy efforts in 2020, we feature a timeline of 20 moments and milestones (pictured below), including:
- Online meetings and webinars for members and NowWeMOVE National Coordinators on the future of the sector after the pandemic.
- Publishing the first worldwide mapping of grassroots sport reopening after lockdowns (56 countries).
- Recording our first podcasts, featuring the MOVE Beyond project partners.
- Launching the MOVE Week online gym with 21 video workouts.
- Getting people in 50 countries around the world to share how they #UseTheStairs on No Elevators Day.
- Being a media partner of ISCA member V4Sport’s world record online PE lesson, with 50,000+ users in 45 countries; 11,9000 peak viewers smashing the 5000 target.
- Hosting 5 online conferences, including MOVE Transfer Europe-China and Integration of Refugees Through Sport.
- Being an invited panellist at the WHO’s online launch of its new Guidelines for Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour.
Finding our MOVE in the digital space - in numbers:
6 in-person project meetings
148 online project meetings
5 online conferences
61 videos on YouTube and social media
150 news and comment pieces across 10 websites
Read and download the full ISCA Annual Report for 2020 here, or browse it below.