MOVE Week is around the corner: get ready!
10th edition of MOVE Week is taking place on 31 May – 6 June. In 2021, the same as last year, we will have a great mix of physical events and on-line movement sessions. In addition to that, on 5 June, we are also celebrating the European Mile – read the article to find out more about this pulse-raising week!
MOVE Agents and partners from Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Italy, Estonia, Latvia and lots of other countries are getting ready to organise traditional offline MOVE Week events, ranging from basic fitness and movement sessions involving people of all ages to special events for certain groups like students, children or elderly people.
To name a few, the in-person activities will include fitness for a total body workout and exercises for healthy spine in Slovenia, Nordic walking and soft gymnastics for elderly people in Italy, hiking and open air carnival for students in Bulgaria and many, many others.
To strengthen links between the continents participating, our colleagues from Sesc in Brazil will participate virtually in the MOVE Week events: MOVE Week Gym (with a Movement session hosted by Fernando Goulart Da Silva on 5 June) and in the Digital European Mile.
MOVE Week Gym
MOVE Agents – sport, dance and fitness instructors – from 13 countries are uniting their efforts to deliver online live workouts every day during MOVE Week. Live sessions will be streamed on NowWeMove Facebook. The sessions are free and available to anyone who has an internet connection and at least 2 square metres of free space.
This is an opportunity to not only add more activity to your days, but also to find new movements or discover new sport styles. So what can you expect to do at the MOVE Week Gym?
- Stretch muscles and joints during yogalates, active flexibility and cardio stretching sessions
- Learn how to improve your running technique and do handstands in a safe way
- Dance like nobody’s watching (although cameras on are always welcome) at Body awareness, Bailatino, Mugla Zeybek, and other dance sessions (one of them will even be accompanied by Live music with Vegetable Orchestra!)
- And much more: HIIT, Aerobics, Tabata, Capoeira, Barre, Tai Chi, workout and movement sessions – just find the ones that suit you and join on our social media:
This year two of ISCA’s events are coinciding – MOVE Week and the brand new European Mile. European Mile is a free event celebrating the joy of moving again at your own pace – by running, walking or rolling a mile. You can take part by:
- Joining the live event
- Joining an event in your country
- Going out walking, running for one mile and donating your miles for Daily Mile Foundation here
Read more here and move together with people around Europe for the main celebration on 5 June 2021.
We are looking forward to see you during this MOVE Week! Stay updated on all MOVE Week activities by following our Facebook event.