ISCA president speaks at the EP's CULT committee
A future European sports policy
On the 18th of November 2010 the European Parliament’s Committee on Culture and Education organized a public hearing on: “A future European sports policy” at the European Parliament in Brussels.
Following the invitation of Mrs Doris Pack MEP and Chairwoman of the Committee on Culture and Education a panel of speakers, Members of Parliament and external stakeholders will discuss the right level of EU involvement in sport and potential areas of EU action.
Addresses will be delivered by:
- Gregory PAULGER, European Commission DG EAC, Director (10 min)
- Patrick HICKEY, European Olympic Committee EOC, President
- William GAILLARD, UEFA, Senior advisor to UEFA President Michel Platini
- Mogens KIRKEBY, International Sport and Culture Association ISCA, President
- Michele COLUCCI, Colucci Law Firm
ISCA President Mogens Kirkeby seized the opportunity to invire the Parliamentary Committe to join the common vision of
"100 million more Europeans active in Sport and physical activity by 2010" and underlined that an ambitious goal for the European Union's sport policy starts by involving European citizens.