Interview with Leeni Asola-Myllynen from SVOLI
Name: Leeni Asola-Myllynen
Position: Health Activities Manager
Organization: Finnish Gymnastics Federation Svoli
1. Within your specific national project and geographic location (country), what are the most important issues for the PATHE - Physical Activity Towards a Healthier Europe to address in order to better the health status, health promotion and sport/health activities?
PATHE helps us to develop our
- Support for the gymnastic clubs in health related exercise and health promotion
- Tools in PRIIMA-programme (evaluation formulars, electric documentation, ideas for education days)
- Volunteer work: international attention and consultation is a notable gift and thanks for our volunteer PRIIMA coaches and volunteers in our clubs. They have got a good feeling about doing the right and important work, because other countries and organizations are developing similar issues just now.
2. What partnerships/activities do you feel are necessary within your national project/country that would help further the efforts of ISCA and your Association with PATHE in providing increased and more comprehensive services for national organizations in the Health/health promotion activities?
- To share all the PATHE-projects in differant countries for all the partners and our clubs. I wonder, how to spread the experience and knowledge in my organization further?It is always the most difficult thing in the international work.
ISCA is ready to try new methods: Let´s arrange a European virtual PATHE seminar by skype or some other multimedia solution. We gather Finnish participants here together to a seminar, so do others in other countries. Programme will be listened at the same time in each country -> innovative working groups ->sharing the results
- Just now we are looking for international partnership in education (group fitness instructor: health and fitness, senior-work, adults gymnastics, aerobic)
- It is useful to hear many kind of best practices within health projects in sport clubs from other countries. Experiences, bad and good are extremely useful.
3. What are the adaptations/innovations/changes in your association via PATHE that you have either implemented or developed that has helped provide a more effective or efficient health/health promotion/physical activities?
- We have increased the amount of personal contact and interaction in our evaluation process.
- We changed some components in our plan about the re-evaluationprocess for the year 2010
- We are changing the evaluation formular and make it more structered
|(PDF, 0.13 MB)|